Cost Saving Office Ideas: CECA Refurb
Faced with heritage restrictions and a tight budget, the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) sought innovative office ideas to refurbish their workspace. Priorities included replacing the flooring, consolidating storage space, introducing modern ergonomic desks and chairs, creating a fresh look consistent with CECA’s new brand, and a coffee machine.
Working collaboratively with Rype Office, a layout and design was devised to make the most of the space and present a better front for the Association, incorporating its corporate colour palette.
New Office Ideas
Innovative office ideas that cost-effectively transformed CECA’s office included the following, all delivered by Rype Office:
- Remanufactured, stylish, ergonomic award-winning Orangebox G64 desk chairs and Sedus meeting chairs to provide comfort for staff, at less than 40% of their new list price
- Refurbished premium Ahrend desks to complement the modern styling, again at a significant cost saving to new
- Bespoke meeting room table top in a stylish timber finish mounted on a remanufactured frame
- Using a mix of reclaimed and good value new contract carpet tiles in a bespoke pattern to create a fresh new look
- Removable foam-mounted signage and graphics to express the identity of the Association and cover structural wall cracks being monitored
- Existing storage cabinets refurbished and finished on their sides with vinyl car wrap in CECA’s colours
- Coloured meeting rooms walls treated to able to be used as whiteboards
These office ideas were implemented on time and budget, which was significantly less than half the new price of the furniture (for more on furniture cost comparisons see Office Furniture Costs)
100% of the furniture was remanufactured or refurbished.
11% of the flooring was reclaimed or surplus stock.
Through its office refurbishment, CECA has led the construction sector in its adoption of remanufactured furniture. This has reduced resource use, greenhouse gas emissions and waste, while at the same time creating an attractive office, as expressed by Marie-Claude Hemming, CECA Director of External Affairs, who led the refurbishment project:
“Rype Office did a fantastic job for us. They took time to look at our existing space and then worked closely with us to choose new furniture and it’s layout within a limited budget. The Rype Office team worked hard to ensure everything was right and really understood our needs. I cannot praise them enough.”
The impact of the office ideas implemented is shown in the before and after photos below.
The Civil Engineering Contractors Association is the representative body for companies who work day-to-day to deliver, upgrade, and maintain the country’s infrastructure. With more than 300 members split across eight regions, CECA represents firms who together carry out an estimated 70-80 per cent of all civil engineering activity in the UK, in the key sectors of transport, energy, communications, waste and water. http://www.ceca.co.uk/
ABOUT RYPE OFFICE
Rype Office believes that workspaces can and should be beautiful, sustainable and cost less. The company exists to make this easy for customers. Rype Office provides high quality, better value, more sustainable furniture as well as office design services to collaboratively create wonderful workspaces.
Contact: Greg Lavery 033 3358 3330, greg@RypeOffice.com