RBS Chair Refurbishment
Dirty, stained and worn chairs create a very poor customer impression and impact staff morale. So, in 2015, RBS embarked on a multi-year programme to refurbish its branch chairs, working with Rype Office, a Concept Winner in the inaugural 2014 RBS Innovation Gateway.
Together, RBS and Rype Office developed a switch-out process that allows a branch’s chairs to be replaced in one visit in under 30 minutes, minimising disruption to staff operations and customers.
Results achieved to date include:
- A cost saving of 23% (including delivery) compared to the heavily discounted new chair prices that RBS pays
- Embodied environmental footprint (including greenhouse gases) of the chairs reduced by over 80% compared to new
- Reduced waste from disposal of chairs
- Improved RBS recycling rates
- Substantial improvement in the visual appearance of branches receiving Rype Office chairs
- Improved customer experience having addressed the grime, stains and wear on customer seating
- Improved staff morale through better seating as older model chairs are replaced with more recent versions remanufactured to a high quality standard
Feedback from RBS management and staff has been positive:
“After each delivery I have spoken to the branches and the feedback received has been great! I think the support from Greg and his team is just right and the cost saving on delivery has been worth it…” – RBS Branch Facilities Manager
“The chairs look great and I like the colour” – NatWest Branch Manager
“They are amazing. I am really happy that I get to sit on one of them” – NatWest Member of Staff
ABOUT RYPE OFFICE
Rype Office believes that workspaces can and should be beautiful, sustainable and cost less. The company exists to make this easy for customers. Rype Office provides high quality, better value, more sustainable furniture as well as office design services to collaboratively create wonderful workspaces.
Contact: Greg Lavery 079 0016 3409, greg.lavery@RypeOffice.com