Scandi Office for Winnow
For their new headquarters at Sustainable Bankside in London’s Borough, Winnow sought a Scandi office design incorporating sustainable furniture. Rype Office developed the cost-effective design which integrated remanufactured furniture, reused carpet tiles and new flooring from Interface. Scandi Office Design Features A range of Scandi office design cues were employed:
- Timber effect low pile carpet tiles were paired with long pile green carpet tiles to create a natural flooring look for walkways and breakout spaces.
- Whites and greys dominated the colour palette.
- Most timber finishes, including desk and working table tops, are of light stained oak, with other timber finishes used in breakout areas to provide variety and richness.
- 100% wool fabrics were chosen for the banquette seats to provide a warm, cosy, natural feel as well as to absorb noise.
- Desk frames are remanufactured Herman Miller Abak system.
- Chairs are Ergonomic Excellence Award-winning G64s, remanufactured to Grade A standard.
- Existing carpet tiles were cleaned and retained under desks (approximately 50% of the floor area) and new flooring was sourced from Interface, the global leader in sustainable carpet tiles.
- All furniture is to be returned to Rype Office for remanufacturing and redeployment at the end of its time at Sustainable Bankside.
- A high bench enables staff to work standing up to ease back muscles and thereby reduce back pain.
- The cost of the remanufactured furniture was less than half of the new list price for the same items.
ABOUT WINNOW Winnow helps commercial kitchens to save money by making it quick and easy to record exactly how food is being wasted through smart meter technology attached to food waste bins. ABOUT RYPE OFFICE Rype Office believes that workspaces can and should be beautiful, sustainable and cost less. The company exists to make this easy for customers. Rype Office provides high quality, better value, more sustainable furniture as well as office design services to collaboratively create wonderful workspaces. Contact: Greg Lavery 033 3358 3330, greg@RypeOffice.com