1. Types of personal information that we collect about you
We collect the following types of information set out in the table below
|Contact||Information we used to communicate with you including, name, address, email address and telephone numbers|
|Employment||Your employment details including your job-title and profession|
|Financial and payment detail||Information allowing us to receive or transfer funds to you|
|Technical||Analytical information about your visits to our website and engagement with our newsletter|
2. How we collect your personal information
In the course of engaging with our services there are a number of different methods we use to collect personal information about both you and your contacts. These include:
- Direction communication. We can receive your personal information through correspondence from you over email, the phone, post or meeting face to face
- A subscription to the Rype Office newsletter
- Analytics data provided from our website and through Mailchimp, our email marketing service.
3. How we use your personal information
This section sets out the purposes for which we use your personal information and the legal basis for doing so under data protection laws.
Performance of a contract
We may process personal information when we have a contract with you and need to process the personal information to comply with our obligations under the contact. Prior to signing a contract if you request that we do something, like provide a quote, we may also need to process your personal information.
Legitimate Interest or that of a third party
We process personal information, where such processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Our legitimate interests typically include:
- Direct marketing activities (other than when we rely on your consent) and communications surrounding the development of the circular economy.
- To enable us to register your business as a new customer.
- To deliver and enhance the Rype Office service.
- Improving the functionality our website and maintaining its security.
- For market and product development research purposes.
- To manage our relationship with you and your employer.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with exercising your rights, as set out in section 9.
This includes contacting you via email, telephone or text with marketing information or updates about the company, the development of the circular economy or other products and/or services, following an indication of explicit consented on our website. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information at any time.
We may request your explicit consent to in order to share your personal information with suppliers, sub-contractors and third party service providers for the purpose of providing you with an excellent service.
Compliance with a legal obligation
This would include the processing of personal information to assist any public authority or criminal investigation body and to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
Where we have supplied you with any products, we may use your personal information to contact you if there are any urgent safety notices. We may also process your personal information if we have reasonable belief that it will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you or it is in your vital interests for us to do so.
5. Sharing your personal information
On rare occasions, we may disclose personal information to our suppliers, sub-contractors and third party service providers without your explicit consent. This will only be done in the interests of delivering a high quality service.
6. International Transfers
We do not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. Data Security
We store all the personal information that you provide to us on secure servers. We have put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that the personal information remains protected.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. We make an assessment of the appropriate time period on the amount, nature and sensitivity of the information. If we have no ongoing and legitimate use for the information we will delete it.
9. Your Rights
If you are an EU resident, you benefit from the rights outlined through the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that under certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To be informed about our collection and usage of your personal information.
- To access the personal information we collect, following a verbal or written request.
- To request that inaccurate personal information that we hold relating to you be rectified or completed (if it’s incomplete).
- To have the personal information that we collect on you to be erased. This is known as the ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- To request that we limit or restrict the ways in which we use your personal information.
- To request that your data be transferred to a third party (data portability).
- To object to the processing of your information based on our legitimate interests, as outlined in section 3.
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority about the way that we have processed your personal information.
10. Contact Us
This policy is updated from time to time. Last update: 2nd November 2018
Please note, our website may contain links to other sites. We have no control of other websites and are not responsible for the privacy of any information you provide to them.