Better office furniture for less
We believe that workspaces can and should be attractive, sustainable and cost less. Rype Office exists to make this easy for customers. We provide high quality, better value, more sustainable office furniture as well as free office design assistance.
We refurbish or remodel your current office furniture at 20% to 30% of the cost of new
We remanufacture quality brand name office furniture to as-new condition, saving you over 50% on the list price
We access surplus stock that would otherwise go to waste and new furniture at wholesale prices from sustainable manufacturers
UK Green Building Council
Imperial College London
How we help
- We start with your needs, budget & existing office furniture
- Design assistance to create a beautiful, productive, space-efficient & sustainable workplace OR to develop a program to refresh worn items with minimal disruption
- Source & remake/refresh furniture
- Deliver & install
- Quantify sustainability benefits
- Buy-back your furniture when you no longer need it
We are delighted with the new office. Rype Office made it easy for us.
Louan Mouton, Natural Capital Partners
We are very pleased with the design and quality of the office furniture that Rype Office provided.
Samuel McKenney, Imperial College London
Rype Office was able to accommodate in price and delivery.
Julieanne Crawford, RMS Group Services
We are impressed with our new desks. Rype Office ensured that they suit the décor of our new space and meet our needs perfectly.
Katherine Herbert, Urica
Rype Office demonstrated that remanufactured office furniture is a high quality, cost-effective, and easy alternative to new.
Louan Mouton, Natural Capital Partners
We highly recommend the services of Rype Office and shall certainly use them again.
Kate Farmer, Pomona Capital
We are very pleased with the result, at a very competitive price.
Martin Harris, Fundamentals
What an extremely efficient service Rype Office has given us on this project.
Steven Burton, Cardiff Council
Rype Office has provided high quality furniture for our offices at a very attractive price.
Nick Yiannakis, City1st Tyres
We now have a beautiful office space, which uses the available area extremely effectively and which came in under budget.
Rebecca Eastmond, Greenwood Place
The furniture looks great – we are very pleased.
Malcolm Thomson, Energy Saving Trust
Remade is good
Remaking (or remanufacturing) takes long-life elements from a used item (e.g. metal frames), checks & resurfaces them, and then rebuilds the piece around them. The result looks and performs as-new, but at a significant cost saving (both economically and environmentally).
Kyocera, Ricoh, Fuji and Xerox remanufacture their photocopiers. Caterpillar’s remanufactured engines are trusted by mining companies and armies.
- Avoided raw material mining, processing & transport costs
- Avoided disposal costs
- Longer lifetime
- Reduced waste & landfill
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions
- No mining environmental damage
- UK jobs
- Resize desks to reduce your floor area
- Your preferred colours, fabrics, patterns, shapes & sizes
- Match to existing furniture
Traditional craftsmanship and modern technology
Not so pretty when we receive them – scratched and scuffed in out-of-date colours
Torn and worn fabric
We use traditional upholstery craftsmanship combined with modern precision equipment
Recoated and reupholstered – ready for another 15 years
We apply 7 layers of quality in our work:
- Selecting good condition, brand-name furniture for refreshing/remaking with timeless aesthetics, durable components and great ergonomics like Vitra, Orangebox and Senator
- Using materials from leading suppliers like Camira, Egger and Kronospan
- Using the latest precision equipment for flawless finishes
- Developing new eco-friendly techniques to restore surfaces
- Applying rigorous processes including testing and inspection
- Grading to strict A+, A and B standards to meet customer needs and budgets
- Warranting our parts and workmanship
We are so confident in the quality of our furniture we offer to buy it back when you no longer need it.
See the quality of our remade furniture for yourself:
2017 International Award for Environmental Best Practice
2017 Adeiladu Arbenigrwydd Gwobrau Enillydd
2017 Cummins Environmental Gateway Winner
2015 BusinessGreen Technology Awards Highly Commended
2014 RBS Innovation Gateway Award Winner
2014 InnovateUK Awardee
Inspiration and Advice (Blog)
What should you pay for office furniture in the UK?
3 affordable solutions to office back pain that everyone should know
The 3 grades available with pros & cons
Stylish, comfortable & in your colours
Why designing for humans is important and should create cost savings
The 5 best ways to save money on an office move
Street art: an inexpensive way to decorate an office
Wonderful workspaces to inspire your design
Simple steps to set up your chair for maximum comfort
Remanufactured office furniture offers as-new quality at a lower price
We believe that every workspace can and should be beautiful, sustainable and lower cost. Rype Office exists to make this easy for customers.
We know that sustainability creates substantial business benefits for us too, so we work towards the inherent full sustainability potential of each activity that we do.
- We reuse, repair and remanufacture furniture, which has a lower environmental footprint than recycling, waste to energy (i.e. burning) and landfilling. This also reduces our costs and allows us to price so that customers can afford high quality furniture.
- Remanufacturing furniture is ideal work for those facing the greatest barriers to employment. So for large projects where a meaningful period of employment can be provided, Rype Office takes on disadvantaged staff. Eight long term unemployed with disabilities were engaged for a three month project in Wales, creating an employment pathway that resulted in three of these staff finding full time positions at the end of the project. This also moderates our labour costs and helps us to win projects through the Community Benefits that we generate.
- For reclaimed carpet tiles, Rype Office has partnered with Greenstream Flooring, a social enterprise creating vocational training for long term unemployed in impoverished Welsh valleys and with a mission to provide flooring to low income households. Reclaimed carpet tiles cost less than new, improving margins and affordability for customers.
- For the box frames in sofas which need to be made new, Rype Office sources from the Merthyr Tydfil Institute for the Blind, channelling expenditure to aid those with disabilities while increasing the profile of MTIB through Rype Office’s marketing activities.
Currently serving the UK from our base in London, we hope to grow internationally to profitably create positive impacts in other countries.
Together we can create attractive offices that are more sustainable and cost less
Phone or Email
If you are thinking about office design or office furniture, please call 033 3358 3330, email contact@RypeOffice.com or use the form below
Visit our Showroom
Unit 10, Space Business Park, Abbey Road, Park Royal, London NW10 7SU
Viewings by appointment