Better furniture for less
We believe that workspaces can and should be attractive, sustainable and cost less. Rype Office exists to make this easy for customers. We provide high quality, better value, more sustainable furniture as well as office design assistance.
We refurbish or remodel your current furniture at a fraction of the cost of new
We remanufacture quality brand name furniture to as-new condition, saving you over 50% on the list price
We provide new furniture that is long-lasting and easily remade, so its lifetime cost is lower. We also access heavily discounted brand-name surplus stock
Combine all three for a beautiful, budget-friendly office – our design associates can assist to create an inspiring workplace that improves productivity and minimises your footprint.
How we help
For new offices and refits
- We start with you: your needs, budget and existing furniture
- Design assistance to create a beautiful productive and sustainable space to fit your budget
- Furniture sourced and remade
- Installation and maintenance
- Quantified sustainability benefits
- Guaranteed buy-back and warranty or low leasing rates
For refreshing existing furniture
- We start with your requirements and budget
- Tailored refresh programme design
- Resizing and updating
- Design assistance with colours and fabrics if required
- Quantified sustainability benefits
- One visit swap-out to minimise disturbance
- Integration into your helpdesk and replacement processes
We are delighted with the new office. Rype Office made it easy for us with their advice and design assistance. They managed all of the remanufacturing, transport, and installation. They demonstrated that remanufactured furniture is a high quality, cost-effective, and easy alternative to new.Louan Mouton
Imperial College London
We are very pleased with the design and quality of the furniture that Rype Office provided for our new common room. Rype Office provided hands-on advice and design options throughout, which enabled us to find the ideal solution for our common room.Samuel McKenney
We apply 7 layers of quality:
- Choosing proven brands with timeless aesthetics, long-life components and great ergonomics like Orangebox and Senator
- Sourcing good condition pieces and materials from top suppliers like Camira, Egger and Kronospan
- Using the latest precision equipment for flawless finishes
- Developing new techniques to restore surfaces
- Applying rigorous processes including testing and inspection
- Grading to strict A+, A and B standards to meet customer needs and budgets
- Warranting our parts and workmanship
Our business depends on durable furniture that looks great for a long time; which is what our customers want too. We stand behind our work with a guaranteed buy-back.
See the quality of our remade furniture for yourself:
We found Rype Office a very accommodating supplier. We wanted furniture of a high quality and at a good competitive price. We had a tight deadline to have it sourced and placed in our new branch and Rype Office was able to accommodate in price and delivery. Their expertise and knowledge of the design and installation was fantastic.Julieanne Crawford
Remade = Good
- Don’t have to mine, process, shape and transport raw materials from overseas
- Multiple lives from each piece
- Match existing furniture no longer in production
- UK jobs
- Reduced waste and landfill
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced imports
- Improved UK GDP
- Resize desks to reduce your floor area
- Your preferred colours, fabrics, patterns, shapes and sizes
- Match to existing furniture
- No more dull filing cabinets
To remake, we use traditional craftsmanship and modern technology
2014 RBS Innovation Gateway Award for Business Concept
2014 Innovate UK Innovation Voucher
2015 UK Green Building Council Innovation Matchmaking Commercial Retrofit Finalist
2015 BusinessGreen Technology Awards Highly Commended and Category Runner-up
Inspiration and Advice (Blog)
The 5 best ways to save money on an office move
Why designing for humans is important and should create cost savings
Street art: an inexpensive way to decorate an office
Wonderful workspaces to inspire your design
Simple steps to set up your chair for maximum comfort
Remanufactured office furniture offers as-new quality at a lower price
Shocked by the price of new furniture, we discovered how you can halve your bill. The answer may surprise you.
New furniture is expensive and mostly unsustainable. This article explains the alternatives and how to choose between them.
You can now buy as-new remade office furniture for less than half the new recommended retail price, thanks to the circular economy.
Our aim is to provide beautiful quality office furniture at a lower cost, with less environmental impact and creating local jobs through remanufacturing. So we have developed techniques and partnerships enabling us to remake furniture economically.
Our journey has been a long one. 20 years ago Greg did his PhD on green buildings. Since then he has designed offices and worked helping companies with circular resource use, amongst other things.
We are based in London, serving the UK.
The business was created by Lavery/Pennell, consultants and innovators who are focussed on unlocking the value offered by more sustainable approaches to business (including remanufacturing).
Together we can create attractive offices that are more sustainable for less money
If you are thinking about office furniture now (or soon), please call 07900 163 409, email contact@RypeOffice.com or use the form below